Downtown BR Revitalization
2018 ABC Pelican Chapter Excellence in Construction Award & ABC National Excellence in Construction, Pyramid Award
After deconstruction and removal of about 33,000 SF of hardscape, we have successfully transformed the area into that of a large lawn better suited for concerts, festivals and the like. This project was part of an overall vision to reconnect Baton Rouge with the mighty Mississippi River through establishing cultural and civil attractions with a system of green spaces at Repentance Park, Galvez Plaza, North Boulevard Town Square and City Hall Plaza.
Components of City Hall Plaza:
- Front Porch: This extends the City Hall portico into the lawn and offers a great view of the stage
- Upper Promenade: Provides seating and event programming space beneath live oaks with visions of the stage, Repentance Park and the Central Green
- Lawn: Half-acre irrigated lawn decorated with large red oak trees for shade to accommodate big crowds and heavy foot traffic
- Stage: The Galvez Stage and Crest sculpture can now be seen from both sides!
- Dance Floor: Paved space where spectators can break out their dancing shoes
- Amenities: Sound system, fixed and movable seating and improved ADA accessibility
“This is the missing link between Town Square and Repentance Park. This will positively impact the whole community, and we are pleased to see it completed.”
Davis Rhorer, Downtown Development District Executive Director
No items found